Limited edition Skoda Superb Scout released in Australia
A limited edition version of Skoda’s multiple award winning Superb wagon goes on sale this week in Australia.
Skoda Australia Director Michael Irmer said that with the revised Superb sedan and wagon ranges not due until later this year, the brand had obtained several hundred Scouts for sale in the interim.
Very much in the vein of extra urban estates favoured by European prestige brands, the Skoda Superb Scout comes as a single specification model priced at a relatively affordable $59,490; comparable in value to the Superb Sportline that has comprised almost half of current generation Superb sales.
The Skoda Superb Scout is equipped with the latest 200kW/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine (with petrol particulate filter) that sends power to all four wheels via a seven-speed DQ381 DSG transmission.
It is both a grand tourer and an off-roader, the latter capability enabled by a special mode and a 15mm greater ground clearance than the Superb Wagon.
As the first Skoda in Australia with full LED Matrix headlights, previously the preserve of higher end cars and SUVs, the Superb Scout has exceptional night vision. With the capability of automatically shading oncoming vehicles, high beam can remain active while driving on the open road.
Highlight features of the Skoda Superb Scout's:
- Full LED Matrix headlights
- Front fog lights with corner functionality
- 9.2" Columbus infotainment system
- CANTON premium sound system
- SmartLink – Smartphone connectivity including Apple CarPlay and Android AutoVirtual Cockpit
- Automatic tailgate with Virtual Pedal
- 18" BRAGA anthracite polished wheels
- Climatronic triple zone air conditioning
- Heated front and rear seats
- Automatic Park Assist with manoeuvre assist
- Rear Camera
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake and Predictive Pedestrian Protection
- 9 airbags
- Adaptive Cruise Control
The Superb Scout will be the first Volkswagen Group vehicle on sale in this market with a petrol particulate filter.
"This particulate filter can withstand petrol with 50 parts per million of sulfur, but it must be understood that these cars can run only on Premium Unleaded," Mr Irmer said.
New ŠKODAs are permanently available with five warranty.