Land Rover Discovery Sport gets efficient new diesels
The Discovery Sport’s credentials as a supremely capable and versatile compact premium SUV have been strengthened with efficient new engines, advanced technologies:
- Cleaner diesels: Next-generation Ingenium diesel engines featuring efficiency-boosting mild hybrid technology, available as D165 (163PS/120kW) or D200 (204PS/150kW).
- State-of-the-art infotainment: Land Rover’s most advanced system, Pivi and Pivi Pro, is now available for Discovery Sport. Redesigned intuitive menu structure takes users to most popular features and functions from a single home screen in two taps at most
- Greater connectivity: Online media services include Spotify integrated directly within the infotainment menu for the first time, with data included**, Bluetooth connectivity for two phones at once, plus wireless charging with signal-boosting option
- Software-Over-The-Air: Dual-modem embedded SIM allows scheduled vehicle software updates with no need to visit a retailer to ensure customers always have the most up-to- date apps, services and vehicle software†
- Occupant wellbeing: New Cabin Air Filtration system†† filters out fine particulate matter, allergens, pollen and even strong smells. Check the levels on the touchscreen, for reassurance that the air within is cleaner than the air outside
- Intelligent ADAS: Comprehensive new technology for 2020 includes a 3D Surround Camera, plus new Rear Traffic and Rear Collision Monitors
- Available to order now: New Land Rover Discovery Sport R-Dynamic S P200 is priced from $65,700 in Australia
The New Discovery Sport, Land Rover’s family-friendly 5+2 seat premium compact SUV, has been enhanced with efficient next-generation mild-hybrid Ingenium diesel engines as well as the latest Pivi and Pivi Pro infotainment.
A number of additional new engine options are now available for the Discovery Sport, including Land Rover’s next generation of efficient four-cylinder diesel engines.
Available in two power outputs, the D165 (163PS/120kW) and D200 (204PS/150kW) diesels deliver enhanced efficiency, smoother power and superior refinement. Both use Land Rover’s latest mild- hybrid (MHEV) technology, featuring a battery to harvest energy lost under deceleration. The result is a smoother stop-start operation and optimised fuel economy – giving customers a taste of the benefits of an electrified vehicle without needing to plug in and charge.
The digital experience has been transformed inside both vehicles with the introduction of Land Rover’s state-of-the-art Pivi infotainment. The system is ready to go as soon as it’s switched on – a separate data plan and battery mean there’s no delay. Software updates are available over-the-air via the vehicle’s embedded data connection at no cost, and can even be scheduled at a time to suit, ensuring customers always have the latest maps, apps and vehicle features without having to visit a retailer. The system is enabled by a new Electrical Vehicle Architecture and is available with Pivi Pro on all specifications.ΔΔ
Finbar McFall, Global Product Marketing Director, Land Rover, said: “Next-generation mild-hybrid diesel engines bring enhanced efficiency to the Discovery Sport, The addition of the advanced new Pivi Pro infotainment system with immediate start-up and self-learning capabilities mean the new Discovery Sport is now even more capable and versatile, and ready for family adventures.”
Streaming music and media has never been simpler, with Spotify integrated directly within the infotainment menu for the first time – data included** – and Bluetooth connectivity for two phones at once. There’s also wireless device charging with signal-boosting option. The new second- generation Activity Key is also available, allowing customers to unlock any door, lock or even start the vehicle just by being nearby – with no need for a traditional key fob.
Customers can now even check the quality of the air in the cabin via the touchscreen by activating the smart all-new Cabin Air Filtration system†† to filter out harmful fine particulate matter often found in cities and high-traffic areas. The all-new system – introduced in addition to the existing Cabin Air Ionisation feature – filters out fine particulate matter, allergens, pollen and even strong smells. The system can filter ultrafine particulates (up to and even below PM2.5). Occupants simply select 'Purify' mode to activate the system, which filters and continually monitors the air inside the cabin relative to the air outside. The touchscreen offers reassurance that the air within is cleaner than the air outside.
Other technology updates include a comprehensive suite of new Advanced Driver Assistance features, such as Rear Traffic Monitor with automatic braking. The new Rear Collision Monitor uses radars to constantly monitor the vehicle’s rear, meaning the Discovery Sport is primed to reduce the severity of an impact for the occupants, while the introduction of a 3D Surround Camera lets the driver see what’s happening around the vehicle at speeds of up to 30kph making manoeuvring and even navigating difficult terrain simpler than ever.
These new systems complement the ClearSight Ground View and ClearSight Rear View Mirror technologies introduced in 2019; smart camera technology stitches together images below the bonnet, while the latter provides an interchangeable rear-view mirror and video screen, for enhanced visibility.
Discovery Sport features a practical 5+2 design □, with 40:20:40 split-folding second row seats that provides 24 possible seat configurations, ensuring flexibility for family adventures.
The Discovery Sport is now available to order priced from $68,000 in Australia. Buyers can choose from the Discovery Sport R-Dynamic S, R-Dynamic SE and R-Dynamic HSE specifications.
The Australian line-up for the 21MY Discovery Sport consists of:
R-Dynamic S P200 - $65,700
R-Dynamic S D165 - $68,000
R-Dynamic SE P250 - $74,076
R-Dynamic SE D200 - $75,610
R-Dynamic HSE P250 - $78,432