Land Rover Defender 90 arrival released, as demand for Defender 110 surges
- Unstoppable capability: Short wheelbase and minimal overhangs result in excellent off-road geometry, making New Defender 90 the most capable Land Rover ever made
- Six-seat practicality: Thanks to innovative front central jump seat, New Defender 90 has room for six people in a body shorter than many compact family cars
- Success story: Customer expressions of interest are the highest recorded for any new model and customers have completed a record 1.21 million configurations on the Land Rover website*
- Most accessorised: Over half of all Defender 110 models specified online have been fitted with one of the four Accessory Packs, Explorer, Adventure, Country or Urban
- First Edition: Defender 90 First Edition P400 is due to be launched in Australia in October 2020 with a limited run of 100 x First Edition P400 models, all finished in Pangea Green with Fuji White contrast roof
- Availability: Full Defender 90 range due to launch in December 2020. Pricing to be announced closer to the launch date
Timing has been announced for the Land Rover Defender 90 First Edition P400 following the successful launch of the Defender 110. New Defender is the toughest and most capable Land Rover ever made and delivers 21st-century connectivity with unstoppable off-road performance.
The first Defender 110 models are due to be delivered to customers from August this year with three-door, short-wheelbase Defender 90 First Edition models due to arrive from October.
Mark Cameron, Jaguar Land Rover Australia Managing Director commented “The compact, short-wheelbase Defender 90 is the perfect vehicle for Australian conditions and joins the 110 as the most capable and durable family of SUVs in the world. We are delighted with the interest shown in the 110, and have a high level of confidence that the new Defender 90 will prove just as popular.”
Since its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019, Land Rover has experienced unprecedented demand for the new 4x4. More than 1.21 million* people have configured a vehicle on the Land Rover website, and over half of those chose one of the four Accessory Packs. The Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban packs give New Defender a range of distinct personalities.
Extraordinary levels of website traffic have also been recorded in Australia, with more than 50% of all traffic being for the new Defender. Customer expressions of interest are the highest recorded for any new model Land Rover launched locally.
Finbar McFall, Land Rover Global Product Marketing Director, said: “We have experienced unprecedented demand for New Defender 110 and the official introduction of Defender 90 is sure to boost interest. As the family grows to include an efficient plug-in hybrid powertrain, we look forward to continuing this success. If our experience with the Defender 110 is anything to go by, we can expect over half of our customers to opt for one of the four Accessory Packs, making New Defender the most accessorised and personalised Land Rover we have ever produced.”
New Defender is the most capable and connected Land Rover to date and can trace its roots back to the original Series I model of 1948. The iconic 4x4 embraces 21st century technologies and introduces Land Rover’s Pivi infotainment, which features an intuitive interface and its own back-up battery for always-on responses. Advanced software-over-the-air updates also ensure customers benefit from the latest software at all times, wherever they are in the world.
The New Defender 90 First Edition P400 will be launched in Australia from October this year, with the full Defender 90 range due to be available from December. Pricing for the Defender 90 First Edition and full range to be announced closer to the launch date.
For the latest information and timing, please visit www.landrover.com.au
# Defender 90 First Edition P400 shown in Pangea Green with Fuji White contrast roof fitted with optional 22” Style 5098, 5 spoke gloss sparkle silver alloy wheels