Honda to Hold Lottery Draw for Exclusive Civic Type R Limited Edition
- Just 20 examples of the ultra-exclusive Civic Type R Limited Edition will be produced for Australia
- Lottery prizes will give winners the opportunity to purchase a Civic Type R Limited Edition
- The purest expression of Civic Type R to date, the Limited Edition features lightweight components, performance enhancements and a lap-record-setting pedigree
Honda Australia has announced it will conduct a special lottery draw as a key element of the sales process for the Civic Type R Limited Edition, with prizes being the right to purchase one of the ultra-exclusive vehicles.
Just 20 examples of the Civic Type R Limited Edition will be produced for Australia, with all vehicles scheduled to arrive before the end of the second quarter next year.
Of the 20 vehicles destined for the local market, 19 will be available to customers via the lottery system, with one vehicle (serial number AUS-001) retained initially by Honda Australia for promotional purposes.
Since the Civic Type R Limited Edition was confirmed for Australia earlier this year, more than 700 people have registered their interest in this special model via the Honda Australia website.
Due to the overwhelming response, a lottery system was deemed the fairest way to provide all interested customers with the same prospect of securing one of the Limited Edition vehicles. The coronavirus restrictions currently in place in the state of Victoria only served to reinforce this approach; to create a level playing field and ensure no person was unfairly disadvantaged by present circumstances.
Although registering your interest is not a pre-requisite to participate in the lottery, those who did provide their contact details via the registration page will be contacted directly and invited to enter the lottery.
“With an extremely small number of Civic Type R Limited Editions available for our market, we wanted to present an equal opportunity for all customers keen to purchase one of these cars, irrespective of their location, dealership access or internet connection,” said Mr. Stephen Collins, Director, Honda Australia.
“In Canada, where 100 vehicles from the global production run of 1,020 units were available, the total allocation sold out in just four minutes after the online reservation process opened.
“We believe the lottery competition will give all Type R fans in Australia an equal chance to purchase one of these special models, while building the suspense in the way only a lottery draw can.”
The entry period for the lottery will commence at 9.00am on Thursday October 1 (AEST) and run through until 8.00pm on Saturday October 31, 2020 (AEDT). To participate in the lottery, interested buyers will need to complete an entry form and agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.
The lottery draw will be held in November 2020 and conducted by CIE Legal on behalf of Honda Australia.
Given the upscale nature of this special model program and the small number of vehicles to be produced for the Australian market, the Civic Type R Limited Edition will be available to the successful lottery entrants for a national drive away price of $70,000*.
Developed in pursuit of lightweight and speed, the Civic Type R Limited Edition has pushed the boundaries and set a new benchmark for what is possible from a front-wheel drive vehicle. With track performance as its core focus, the Limited Edition is unquestionably the purest expression of Type R to date.
The lighter, faster and even more track-focused Type R Limited Edition features all of the 2020 Year Model updates, plus the additional enhancements designed to make it the ultimate Civic Type R.
The Limited Edition is equipped with lightweight 20-inch forged alloy wheels from acclaimed manufacturer BBS, which reduce unsprung weight to improve roadholding and provide an overall weight saving of 10 kilograms. Created exclusively for this special model, the forged BBS wheels are mounted on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 high performance tyres, with a tread pattern designed to provide the ultimate dry tarmac traction.
Modified dampers optimise this new wheel and tyre combination, while recalibration of the steering offers maximum control and feedback. The control software of the Adaptive Damper System now evaluates road conditions faster, resulting in improved damper reactions for better handling response and ride quality.
To reflect its extrovert nature and pay homage to past Type R models, the Limited Edition will only be offered in one exclusive paint colour: the brilliant new ‘Sunlight Yellow II’. Additional bespoke treatments include contrasting gloss black paint on the roof, mirror caps and bonnet intake vent, while the Civic badge on the rear is finished in dark chrome.
Each vehicle will feature an individually numbered serial plate denoting it as one of 20 sold in Australia.
An overview of the lottery and sales process for the Civic Type R Limited Edition is as follows:
- Entry period will commence at 9.00am on Thursday October 1 (AEST) and close at 8.00pm on Saturday October 31 (AEDT)
- Visit or call your nearest or preferred Honda Dealer to review lottery terms and conditions, and complete an entry form
- Those located in the metropolitan Melbourne zone currently under COVID-19 restrictions, where the nearest or preferred Honda Dealer may not be open to visit or call – these customers only will be permitted to lodge an entry via the Honda Australia Contact Centre
- Once an entry has been received and processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the entrant, to verify entry details
- Each eligible entrant may submit only one entry
- All entrants will go into the lottery and the first 19 valid entries drawn will win the prize, which is the right to purchase one of the 19 x Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition vehicles available
- If still interested, the customer will be required to sign a sales contract with Honda Dealer and place a $5,000 deposit towards the purchase of the vehicle
- If no longer interested, the next eligible entrant from the reserve list will be selected
- Reserve entries will be drawn and recorded in order as ‘Backup Winners’, in case the winner is unable to accept the prize or does not complete the process to purchase the vehicle
- Delivery of Civic Type R Limited Edition vehicles to customers is expected to occur April-June 2021
* National Drive Away price. Any accessories would incur additional cost.