140TDI diesel returns to Tiguan Allspace range
- 140TDI Highline model returns, mirroring the specification of the 162TSI Highline
- Further customisation with optional R-Line pack, Sound & Vision pack, panoramic glass sunroof and selection of metallic paints
- The RRP of $54,690 maintains the previous price premium of $1,500 over the 162TSI Highline
Volkswagen Australia is pleased to announce the return of the 140TDI engine to the Tiguan Allspace range, which has been previously unavailable due to WLTP-related production restrictions.
This will mark a welcome return for the diesel variant, which was popular for extra-urban commutes, and among customers in rural areas.
Volkswagen Australia Director of Customer Experience and Marketing, Mr. Jason Bradshaw, was pleased to have the full offering of Tiguan Allspace variants back in the fold.
"Diesel remains an essential part of our model mix, and is a necessity for many of our customers," Mr. Bradshaw said.
"It's good news for everyone that we can once again offer this popular variant," he continued.
The 140TDI engine for the Tiguan Allspace is available to order now with a market introduction of October 2020 for a small allocation of MY20 vehicles. The full allocation of MY21 vehicles will begin arriving from early November.
The Tiguan Allspace range boasts a raft of safety and convenience technology, including:
- Front Assist with Pedestrian Monitoring
- Lane Assist, Park Assist and Rear View Camera
- Electronically-operated tailgate with Easy Open & Close
- Dynamic LED Headlights
- LED daytime driving lights and LED tail lights
- Keyless Access and start
- Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers
- Driver Fatigue Detection system
- Air Care 3-zone climate control air conditioning
- Electrically foldable exterior mirrors
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear Maneuver Braking
The 140TDI Highline Tiguan Allspace returns in the same specification as the 162TSI Highline, and adds the following inclusion:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Side Assist
- Rear Traffic Alert
- Adaptive Chassis Control
- 19" Auckland alloy wheels
- Dynamic Light Assist
- Vienna leather appointed upholstery
- Heated front and row 2 outer seats
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function
- 9.2 inch Discover Pro satellite navigation system with Gesture Control
- Ambient interior lighting
- Metallic or Pearl Effect paint
- Sound and Vision Package (Digital Cockpit, Area View & Dynaudio premium sound system)
- R-Line Package (R-Line body styling, R-Line interior, 20" Suzuka alloy wheels, tinted windows and progressive steering)
- Panoramic electric glass sunroof
|Tiguan Allspace 140TDI Highline||$54,690|
|Sound & Vision Pack||$3,000|